One of the most obvious characteristics of a Glasser Quality School is the special relationship that exists between staff and students as well as between students.
Teachers demonstrate repeatedly how much they enjoy and love being with students.
Students at all levels indicate that they want to come to school.
Evidence of trusting relationships may be found in comments such as:
- Here they care about us;
- The teachers help us learn;
- School is so much fun;
- We have many chances to succeed;
- We love the way learning takes place;
- We have lots of freedom;
- It’s not like other schools where people want to control you;
- It’s not a scary place;
- Other students care about me;
- I love everything.
There is no need for teachers to raise their voices, rebuke students, or appear cross in their presence. Students are orderly and relaxed in the corridors and in classes. There is a reasonable noise level which naturally accompanies certain types of classroom activities. Interactions demonstrate mutual respect: each side listens to the other and students respond to requests for silence immediately and without fuss.
In a Glasser Quality School, relationships are based upon trust and respect. While there may be discipline incidents, all discipline problems have been eliminated.
– Trainer, Speaker, Author
– William Glasser International Senior Faculty
– Brain-Based Trainer, Jensen Learning Corporation
– Doctor of Natural Medicine, IQUIM
– Editorial Board, Journal for Choice Theory and Reality Therapy